Built on the foundation of passion, dedication, and hard work, G.I. Junk Away was born into an eco-friendly and community-oriented junk removal team. The owners, Blake Petricca and Joshua Sperling, didn’t start their company as most others do. Blake, a marine veteran who served overseas for four years, did not want to stop serving others after combat ended. He returned to the states with a purpose in mind – he would continue serving his community back home.
Joshua went through recruitment in the military, and many of his comrades ended up going overseas after training. On numerous occasions, Josh got the heartwrenching report that some of his friends would not make it back home. And for the friends who did make it back, some would have to live with debilitating injuries after their tour, and Josh couldn’t help but feel like he needed to do more when it came to serving his community here at home. Joshua decided that it was his time to give back to veterans and expand their opportunities, so he and Blake came together to start their new dream.
G.I. Junk Away started as a small side hustle. Joshua and Blake started off with just a truck and a trailer, and this hustle eventually turned into a full-service, clean, and professional junk hauling company. Most of the team is comprised of veterans who have the same passions as Joshua and Blake.
Now, when it comes to hiring a junk removal service in Fallbrook, California, what do you need to know beforehand? Let’s start with the basics… “What is junk?”
Junk is everything that you do not need, broken items, items cluttering up your home, or anything that is obsolete. People tend to collect things over the year which is kept in places you don’t usually see, which can cause quite an accumulation of these junk items.
What happens when G.I. Junk Away hauls away your items?
- Broken and worn-out stuff is taken to a dump where everything is properly disposed of
- Well-maintained items are donated
- Recyclables such as paper and metals are sent to recycling companies
It is possible to remove junk on your own, but that would take up a lot of your time, money and can be a hassle for you. Our team will save your time and make sure any items are taken to the proper outlet to be disposed of or donated. You won’t have to worry about having the proper equipment, trailers, or trucks when you call us.
- Refrigerators, freezers, ovens, washing machines, air conditioner units, and other big electronics and computers
- Yard waste, construction debris, house trash
- Furniture, mattresses, carpets, and rugs
- Tools, toys, boxes, and papers
- Bicycles, machines, and exercise equipment
- Clothes, curtains, and other linens
Items We Don’t Accept:
- Car batteries or normal cells and batteries
- Liquid paint and cans of paint
- Medical waste and expired medicines
- Cleaning products and liquid chemicals
- Oil containers
G.I. Junk Away is a professional junk removal company that serves Fallbrook, CA, and surrounding areas. To learn more about our services, call (760) 896-4473